STUDY IN CANADA
- University of Manitoba
- International College of Manitoba
- Toronto Metropolitan University
- University of Windsor
- Brock University
- Algoma University
- University of Guelph
- Lakehead University
- Trent University
- Lambton College
- Seneca College
- Centennial College
- Ontario Tech University
- Carleton University
- Niagara College, Toronto
- Fleming College, Toronto
- University of Saskatchewan
- University of Regina
- Fraser International College
- NYIT – Vancouver
- Vancouver Island University
- Justice Institute of BC
- University Canada West
- Fairleigh Dickinson University
- Concordia University of Edmonton
- University of Lethbridge
- Dalhousie University
- Cape Breton University
- University of Prince Edward Island
- Memorial University
- Laurentian University
- University of Ottawa
- University of Winnipeg
- North Island College
** We represent a few of these institutions through GSP, LCI, Applyboard, INTO, KC Overseas.
*We have a lot of other universities in our list. Please check with our counselors if you have a specific university in mind.
*A number of universities have scholarship offers depending on your academic & language scores.
Study in Canada at a glance
The second-largest country in the world. It offers you an opportunity to be a part of one of the best educational systems in the world. Its multicultural cosmopolitan attitude makes it a wonderful destination for foreign students. The degrees you receive are internationally recognized. You can opt from a diverse range of courses offered, from marine biology to accountancy, to aviation. A safe, stable country that has an excellent health care system. The cost of education and cost of living is relatively low, adding the Canadian education system an extra value. The country is an international leader in computer and information technology and has a reputation of excellence in sectors like telecommunications, transportation and engineering.
|Jan to April
|Jan to April
|May to Aug
|May to Aug
|Sept to December
|Sept to December
|When to apply: At least three months before the class start date
|$10k to $25k
|$10k to $25k
|Part-Time Job option
|During vacation, students can work full time and dependents are allowed to come along.
|Post Study Work
|Opportunity for residency: Yes
Things you should also know
Capital City: Ottawa
Largest City: Vancouver, Ottawa
Official Languages: English
Institutions: 72 Universities
Currency: Canadian Dollar
Types of scholarships for international students in Canada
Scholarships help potential students to study and succeed in their career. It is a good way to get educated without worrying about the tuition costs. You can find limited scholarships for international students in Canada in comparison with those available in Australia or United Kingdom. Here are a few popular types of scholarships that you can come across in the country:
College or University scholarships
A lot of colleges and universities come up with different scholarships every year. You need to keep your eyes on the websites to find the eligibility criteria for those scholarships, and start applying for them. Most of them are entrance scholarships, which is available for the majority of the international students and one need not apply for them.
The Canadian government offers graduate and undergraduate scholarships for the foreign students. You can check out the official website of the Canadian government education to find out information on the funding opportunities, scholarships, and fellowships.
If you are a merit student with an excellent educational background, then you may not worry about your financial status. There are many universities in Canada that offer merit scholarships to students who have achieved a great mark in academics, arts, sports, or community work.
Many people know financial scholarships as bursaries too. It is basically available for international students who are need of finance to continue with their education in Canada. Although many of them offer such an aid to the residents of the country, there are a few reserved for the foreign students too. You have to keep checking the updates on the universities’ websites.
There are some private donors and a few businesses who offer funding for the students to study and get a proper education. Some of them are targeted to a specific study area. You need to check the Canadian forums online and make contact with the current students to fetch more details on it.
Here are a few scholarships for International students from different colleges and universities of Canada:
- York University scholarship program: It is offered to the students with excellent academic background or you have any work experience of two or more years. The course is designed for a period of four years and you will be eligible for $60,000 to $100,000.
- Lester B. Pearson scholarship: The University of Toronto grants this scholarship for the students coming from different countries of the world. It covers the tuition fees, resident support, incidental fees, and study material. However, you need to have a good academic record and show your talents or skills in any way to achieve the scholarship.
- Winnipeg President Scholarship: The value of this scholarship is $3,500 to $5,000 and it is granted by the University of Winnipeg to the international students who have already made a mark in their career and now need a gentle push to make some advancements.
- Carleton University Entrance Scholarship: Students need to meet the eligibility criteria up to 80% to achieve the value between $4,000 and $16,000.
There are many other colleges and universities that you may check, including Humber College international entrance scholarship, University of British Columbia scholarship, and many more.
- University of Waterloo Master’s Awards of Excellence: It is an award of scholarship that is given to students who are looking forward to do a research-based course. It is offered to merit students who have a good track record. The value would be $2,500 for every term.
- Vanier Canada Graduate scholarships: It is meant for the students who want to pursue doctoral level course in the university. The value fixed for the scholarship for a year is $50,000. It is given for a period of three years.
- University of Calgary awards: The scholarship is given on partial and complete basis to the foreign students. It covers different programs and the value is $1,000 to $40,000 based on the subject you choose.
- University of Manitoba Graduate fellowships: This kind of grant is created for the PhD level of students who want to pursue their doctoral programs here. The value varies based on the program you choose. It is ideally $14,000 to $18,000 for a year.
CANADA – Admission and visa Process
- Get free initial counselling, available options, and tips on choosing a suitable university.
- Submit photocopies of all academic certificates/transcripts / professional certificates (if any) etc.
- 2 copy pp size photos
- Copies of passport
- File opening Fees of Tk. 5,000 (Non-refundable)
- Get all the academic papers attested/notarized by the Institution Attended / Educational Board / Foreign Ministry / (depending on the particular university requirements)
- Post Graduate students need CV, 2 LOR (Letter of Reference) and Work Experiences as per university requirements.
- Provide bank solvency certificates as per the institutional requirements.
- Pay/Include University Application Fees (Non-refundable) and Courier Fees Tk 2000/- per University (If needed)
- The prospective institution will / may take 4 to 12 weeks to confirm the admission.
- OL will be received. 1st-semester costs may apply depending on the university via Bank FTT.
- A service charge of Tk. 5,000 (Non-refundable)
- Students need to submit their sponsor’s paper. Anybody can be the sponsor (First blood sponsor is preferred)
- Minimum 1 year, equivalent Tuition + Living cost has to be shown in sponsor’s bank account for at least 3 to 4 months.
- The sponsored amount may vary depending on the sponsor’s relation and the number of dependents.
- Basic papers needed from the sponsor, e.g.: Bank certificate/statement; TIN Certificate; Salary certificate; Job certificate; Trade license; Property/revenue information and affidavit of financial support etc. (we will guide the students regarding this part as it depends on the sponsor’s nature of income.)
- Once all the above preparations are done, the student will go submit their visa application.
- Visa Fees CAD $235
- No Interview required
- Students must open a “student file” at any bank and transfer the 1st semester’s tuition fees to the university. (If not done before)
- We will guide the student for the same along with the travel plan, accommodation, pick up, orientation, etc.
NO HIDDEN CHARGE