STUDY IN NEW ZEALAND
New Zealand at a glance:
Qualifications Globally Recognised, Equally Strong Focus on Academics and Wale fare, “BEST OF BOTH WORLDS” Qualifications & Kiwi Life, English Widely Spoken, Excellent Climate Conditions, Clean, Green & Safe Country.
Institutions: New Zealand has 8 govt. Universities &25 government-funded Polytechnique and Institutes of Technology providing Vocational/Undergraduate/Post Graduate Programs.
|Admission Intake||Under Graduate||Post Graduate|
|Semester 1||January to February||January to February|
|Semester2||May to July||June-July|
|Semester 3||October to November||October to November|
|NZ$16k to $35k|
|NZ$20k to $35k|
|Course Duration||3 Years||1-2 Years|
|Part-Time Job option||20 hrs per week||20 hrs per week|
|Full-time work right on vacation. Dependents are allowed to come along with full work right.|
|Post Study Work||1- 3 Years depending on the level & location||1- 3 Years depending on the level & location|
|Opportunity for Permanent Residency: Some of the programs highly recognized for permanent Residency are from engineering/ Business/ Computing/Health Science/Hospitality backgrounds.|
You should also know
Capital City: Wellington
Largest City: Auckland
Official Languages: English (96%) and Maori
Currency: New Zealand Dollar
NZ Scholarships Information
Zero Fees English Scholarships
Zerofees English Scholarships help students improve their academic English language skills, assisting them to gain the English language entry requirements to move to a mainstream programme of their choice.
This scholarship is available for Far East Asia, South America and certain European countries.
Zerofees Foundation (ZFF) Scholarships
SIT offers a range of Zero fees Foundation Scholarships to students that need further academic entry skills to apply for certain diploma and degree programmes within SIT.
Note: Students may apply for only one of the above-mentioned scholarships.
You can check with your education agent for more details.
MFAT New Zealand Scholarships for International Students
The New Zealand Government offers scholarships to eligible citizens from developing countries to study in New Zealand. These scholarships are from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs & Trade New Zealand.
Southern Institute of Technology is proud to be one of only eleven approved New Zealand education institutions for these scholarships.
Other International Scholarships
Many scholarships for international students – including PhD scholarships and scholarships for Masters’ degrees – are offered by the New Zealand Government, other governments, educational institutions and philanthropists.
Admission and Visa Process for New Zealand
Step 1 at MENTORS’
- Submit all academic certificates/mark sheets/professional certificates (if any)
- Copies of passport & 3 copies passport size photo
- The file opens charge Tk. 5,000
Step 2 at MENTORS’
- Postgraduate students need CVs. SOP and work experience as per university requirements.
- Fill up the university application form along with other forms (if necessary)
Step 3 at MENTORS’
- All the above documents will be sent to the institution.
- The prospective institution will/may take 3 to 8 weeks to confirm the admission.
Step 4 at MENTORS’
- Students need to submit their sponsor’s paper. (The first blood sponsor is mandatory).
- Tuition (1/2 year) + Living cost (1/2 year) have to be shown in the sponsor’s bank account for at least 6 months.
- Sponsor amount may vary depending on sponsor’s relation and number of dependents
- Basic sponsor documents are bank certificate/statements; tax certificate; salary certificate, job certificate. Trade license invoice, LC copy, memorandum of the article, revenue information and affidavit of financial support etc. (We will guide the students regarding this part as it depends on the sponsor’s nature of income).
Final Step at MENTORS’
- INZ Delhi (visa application fee US$ 220-230).
- You may face, a telephone interview (if required).
- Upon issuance of the pre-visa, you have to pay a one-year tuition fee to the institution and the visa will be stamped on the passport and will be applicable to the students which will be adjusted with the previous deposit.
Note: IELTS requirements are Diploma 5.5, UG: 6.0, Graduate Dip: 6.0/6.5, PG: 6.5
NO HIDDEN CHARGE